Sunday, March 16, 2008

The state of things- rugging, living, loving, and occasionally eating (cross posted with the rug blog)


ABOVE: I'm still recycling umbrellas blown apart by Lake Michigan into rugs. I'm almost done with this umbrella, then I'll be moving on to a ratty windbreaker, followed by a discarded shower curtain.


I don't normally talk about life issues on my rug blog, but since some of you are doubtless wondering if the world really is flat and I fell off the edge of it, this is a rare cross post between this blog and my more personal general purpose one.

I've been very VERY sick- think a stomach flu which won't go away.

I'm taking medicine, have seen a doctor, will be following up, but this has been going on for about 3 months, and it will take some time to recover from that even once my body has.

At the same time my beloved wife has been as sick as she's ever been outside the hospital, on any given day at any given moment its been a toss up which of us is more functional.

So my rug work has been more "background" stuff- cutting up things I've found while walking the dogs, but I've just not had the creative energy to work on rugs, do any of the follow up videos which have been requested, etc.

These pictures are worth the several thousand more words I'd normally type.

See you all on the BRIGHT side of the moon!

Our puppies taking care of us in our infirmities


No comments:

Questions, comments?

Blog Directory