Saturday, November 17, 2007

My mother and my most elaborately planned rug

Yes, this is my mother, taken in the spring of 2006. The rug is one I made for a nearby park for an arts festival. While I usually go more abstract or free form, with this, I followed an intricate design. Its a symbolic representation of Lake Michigan and environs.

  • The deep blue is the lake proper
  • The light blue is the shore waters
  • The multi tan and white is the beach. Where it extends several rows represents the dunes in Indiana.
  • The dark green is the forests of Wisconsin and the UP
  • The light green is Lower Michigan and its farm lands
  • The alternating white blue rows is the sky.


I usually go more abstract and free form, but sometimes its fun to take on a challenge.

No comments:

Questions, comments?

Blog Directory